Model TBMDP-Michael Davis+ Artist Model Small Bore Tenor Trombone
The Michael Davis+ trombone was developed through a close collaboration between virtuoso Michael Davis and the craftsmen of S. E. Shires to answer the call for something a little bigger than the original Michael Davis trombone. The resulting instrument shares many specific design elements with the original, which are not found on other S.E. Shires Custom Series trombones. An instrument of exceptional versatility, the Michael Davis + combines warmth and roundness of sound with superb core and sizzle, making it the ideal trombone for any performance situation.
The lightweight nickel-silver handslide construction offers clean, precise articulations. The custom 7.75-inch, yellow-brass bell retains a clear, pure sound with strong fundamental, and keeps a very consistent tone color and overtone structure throughout the range of dynamics. This is combined with the ease of playing and projection for which S.E. Shires instruments are famed. Responsive and nimble, the Michael Davis + model trombone is at home in any jazz or commercial setting.
- MD+ Bell: 7.75-inch, two-piece, hand-hammered MD custom taper in lightweight yellow brass with traditionally brazed seams and soldered bead
- SY1.5 Tuning Slide: drawn yellow brass
- T08MD Handslide: .508-inch, lightweight nickel silver, MD cork barrels and narrow right-hand slide brace, yellow-brass crook
- MD+1.5 Leadpipe in yellow brass
- Bell Engraving: S.E. Shires Michael Davis model custom engraving
- Includes S.E. Shires tenor trombone case, mouthpiece, and care kit