Sales Associate / Trombone Specialist
S.E. Shires Company, a premier brass musical instrument manufacturer, is seeking to fill a key position in our sales department.
Manage customer service for all retail related inquiries (phone/email correspondence) regarding pricing, ETA, instrument specs from beginning to completion
- Coordinate and conduct retail sales appointments for all S.E. Shires instruments
- Communicate changes of ETA and order updates to customers
- Coordinate repairs, parts questions and troubleshooting for retail customers
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of all S.E. Shires instruments and products
- Develop a broad understanding of the US/Intl brass manufacturing market through travel, communications, and competitive analysis
- Provide a written monthly report to Sales Manager (including all important activities and ongoing projects, concerns, opportunities for growth)
- Work with Sales Manager to reach predetermined retail sales goal for the year
- Implement an organized plan for retail opportunities (Shires Factory Days, retail show opportunities, University tours)
- Assist with in-house factory visits (tours, presentations, demonstrations, hospitality)
- Sales trip support (dealer visits, wholesale events, industry trade shows) approximately 60 days/yr
- Work with Sales Manager to define products needed for showroom and upcoming shows
- Complete monthly showroom inventory of instruments and accessories
- Maintain physical showroom appearance / inventory / components
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four year college or university, or work experience equivalency.
- Ideal candidate will have experience playing, performing, and teaching as a low brass musician
- Exceptional customer service, written, and oral communication skills
- Quality conscious individual with an eye for fine detail and pride in high quality workmanship as well as one who enjoys a collaborative team environment
- Ability to travel including overnight trips
- Skilled in excel, word, social media channels, and the ability to easily learn new applications as needed
This is a strong match for any person that would like to make a career in the musical instrument manufacturing industry. This position is full time with benefits that include medical and dental insurances, paid vacation and a matching 401(k) plan. This is an excellent opportunity to join our growing company.
Please forward your resume to Sheila Boutté at firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.
S.E. Shires Company, a premier brass musical instrument manufacturer is seeking to fill key positions in our metal buffing and polishing department.
- Use belt sanders, buffing wheels, handheld buffing wheels, and hand tools.
- Visually inspects and feels surfaces to identify defects.
- Perform repetitive hand finishing operations using various powered and hand equipment.
- Perform visual inspection of parts ensuring cosmetic requirements are met.
- Consistently meet production, quality, and attendance requirements.
- Maintain cleanliness and orderliness of work area.
- HS degree, G.E.D. or equivalent, with good general math skills, and able to understand, communicate, and follow written/oral instructions in English.
- Ideal candidate will be a quality-conscious individual with an eye for fine detail and pride in high quality workmanship as well as one who enjoys a collaborative team environment
- 6 months recent experience in a fast-paced production environment preferred, particularly in small parts manufacturing; one year preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and good hand-eye coordination.
- Able to work in a manufacturing environment (exposure to noise, coolants, abrasives, heat, cold, and automated and manual machinery) wearing required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as safety glasses, hearing protection, closed shoes, respirator, and other designated PPE.
- Able to lift up to 30lbs repetitively, 50 lbs occasionally, and stand entire shift, as assigned.
- Consistently meet requirements of regular, predictable and on-time attendance.
This is a strong match for any person that would like to make Musical Instrument Building a lifelong career. These positions are full time with benefits that include medical and dental insurances, paid vacation and a matching 401(k) plan. This is an excellent opportunity to join our growing company.