Model TBGC-George Curran Artist Model Bass Trombone with Axial-Flow F/Gb Attachment
The George Curran Artist Model bass trombone has developed over the course of the artist's long relationship with Stephen Shires and S.E. Shires instruments. The two-piece, standard weight yellow brass bell produces a warm sound with a prominent fundamental harmonic, combining quick response with a centered feel and expansive tone. The lightweight axial-flow valve set sounds and feels particularly broad and even-especially when both valves are engaged-allowing for a truly open low register and contributing to the instrument’s quick, easy response. This model represents an ideal realization of the heroic New York low brass sound.
- GC Bell: 9.5-inch, two-piece, hand-hammered, custom-annealed “BII” taper in standard weight yellow brass with traditionally brazed seam and soldered bead
- Independent, S.E. Shires F/G♭ axial-flow valves set in a lightweight valve section™
- BYC Tuning Slide: “C” taper, drawn yellow brass
- B62-78 dual-bore Handslide: .562-.578-inch, standard-weight yellow brass; nickel-silver wide crook
- Three interchangeable yellow-brass leadpipes
- Bell Engraving: S.E. Shires George Curran model custom engraving
- Includes S.E. Shires bass trombone case, mouthpiece, and care kit
"This is my favorite instrument to use, both in the orchestra and on the solo stage, and I am proud to put my name on this beautiful bass trombone!"
—George Curran, Bass Trombone, New York Philharmonic