Model TBCW-Colin Williams Artist Model Tenor Trombone with Rotary Valve F Attachment
The Colin Williams Artist Model tenor trombone has developed over the course of the artist's long relationship with Stephen Shires and S.E. Shires instruments. The two-piece, lightweight yellow-brass bell responds easily and produces a broad sound. The harmonic content of the sound warms up evenly at strong dynamic levels without becoming edgy. These characteristics are reinforced by the efficient and responsive yellow-brass handslide with wide crook. The 2SS leadpipe played by Mr. Williams further clarifies the sound's harmonic profile, while the gold-brass tuning slide brings added warmth. This model represents an ideal realization of the heroic New York low brass sound.
- CW Bell: 8.5 two-piece, hand-hammered “TI” taper in lightweight yellow brass with traditionally brazed seams and unsoldered bead, thinned toward the edge of the flare
- S.E. Shires rotary F valve
- TG tuning slide: gold brass, drawn tubing
- TW47 Handslide: .547-inch, standard-weight yellow brass; nickel-silver wide crook
- Choice of 2SS sterling silver lead pipe or three interchangeable yellow brass leadpipes
- Bell Engraving: S.E. Shires Colin Williams Model custom engraving
- Includes S.E. Shires tenor trombone case, mouthpiece, and care kit
"I love this instrument, I know that I can rely on my Shires for everything I need to do. It has let me take risks and find my voice, and I’ve never been happier playing!"
—Colin Williams, Trombone, New York Philharmonic