Model TBBO-Blair Bollinger Artist Model Bass Trombone
The Blair Bollinger Model Bass Trombone was developed through a close collaboration among Blair Bollinger, Steve Shires, and the craftsmen of S. E. Shires. The resulting instrument is genuinely unique and includes several specific design elements not found on any other S.E. Shires trombone. The Bollinger Tuning System facilities playing scales and arpeggios with the smallest number of handslide positions possible. The weighted mouthpipe collar, custom-weight dual-bore handslide, and unique tuning slide provide quick response and clear articulations. Complimented by the yellow-brass Bollinger bell, this instrument produces a broad orchestral sound with unparalleled response and quality.
- Bollinger Bell: 9.5-inch, two-piece, hand-hammered Bollinger taper in medium weight yellow brass with traditionally brazed seam and soldered bead
- Independent, S.E. Shires axial-flow valves with optimized lever geometry and Bollinger Tuning System™ (tuning slide for conventional G♭ tuning included)
- Tuning Slide: Bollinger taper tuning slide in drawn yellow brass
- Bollinger Handslide: .562/.578-inch dual-bore, custom-weight slide with yellow-brass outer tubes, yellow-brass crook, and tone-enhancing mouthpipe collar
- Three interchangeable yellow-brass leadpipes
- Bell Engraving: S.E. Shires Blair Bollinger model custom engraving
- Includes S.E. Shires bass trombone case, mouthpiece, and care kit
"I love playing my new Shires Bollinger Model trombone. It's got just the right balance of power and response. It's the most satisfying trombone I've ever played."
—Blair Bollinger, Bass Trombone, The Philadelphia Orchestra