The S.E. Shires Model CVLA-XL (Vintage Los Angeles) Bb trumpet was created to incorporated the best aspects of prized vintage horns with the modern centering and intonation for which S.E. Shires instruments are known. This new line of commercial model trumpets features the broadest S.E. Shires trumpet bell taper which produces a wide variety of tone colors easily throughout the range of the instrument. Narrow bracing contributes to the instrument’s superlative response and ease of attack. This XL .465 bore option with extra lightweight bell creates a very responsive horn with a large projecting sound.
Amazingly open and efficient, the sound of this instruments is colorful and flexible with strong slotting in the upper register. This model trumpet was created in collaboration with the highest discerning commercial players in the industry.
- Bore: .465 inch
- CVLA Bell: 4 3⁄4 inch, one piece, hand-hammered "C" (open) taper in standard-weight yellow brass with traditionally brazed (bottom) seam and french bead
- MW5 Leadpipe: .345-inch venturi, lightweight yellow brass—open, flexible and projecting, yet remarkably efficient
- CF .465 Flanged Tuning Slide: standard water key; efficient and flexible
- Piston Material: hand-lapped Monel
- Valve Cluster: two-piece casings, lightweight, with yellow-brass balusters
- Lower Valve Caps: lightweight yellow brass
- Bell Engraving: S.E. Shires makers mark, model designation, and traditional floral pattern
- Finish: lacquer
- Includes S.E. Shires single trumpet case, mouthpiece, and care kit