Model TBALTGM-S.E. Shires Medium Gold Alto Trombone
The S.E. Shires Medium Gold Alto Trombone is a versatile instrument with the consistency, playability, and projection that has made S.E. Shires trombones the favorites of professionals the world over. The A1GMT8 bell combines stability with a malleable timbre and superior projection. The gold-brass construction of the bell is balanced by the A85/95N handslide, which adds quickness and immediacy to the attack and imparts brilliance to the sound.
- A1GMT8: 7-inch, two-piece, hand-hammered bell in medium weight gold brass with traditionally brazed seams and soldered bead, thinned toward the edge of the flare
- A85-95N Handslide: .485/.495-inch dual bore, standard-weight nickel silver, tuning-in-slide mechanism, nickel-silver crook
- Three interchangeable yellow-brass leadpipes
- Bell Engraving: S.E. Shires makers mark and traditional floral pattern
- Includes S.E. Shires alto trombone case, mouthpiece, and care kit
Option (Rotary valve):
- S.E. Shires rotary valve in B♭
With the addition of this upgrade, any S.E. Shires Custom Series Alto Trombone ordered can be outfitted with an S.E. Shires rotary Bb valve section. The advanced design of the S.E. Shires rotary valve features the sound characteristics of a traditional rotary valve combined with an unparalleled, even feel and open low register.