The Model 502 was developed in collaboration with Boston-based soloist and trumpet phenomenon Terry Everson. Our most nimble standard model C trumpet, it features a light bell treatment for incredible agility and ease of playing, and a long, efficient leadpipe that provides clear articulations and full, rich, sound that will last for the duration of long concerts or recitals. This model has become a favorite with soloists as well as members of brass quintets and other chamber players.
- Bore: .462 inch
- 5 Bell: 4 13⁄16 inch, one-piece, hand-hammered, "5" (centered) taper standard-weight yellow brass with traditionally brazed seam and steel beadwire
- W9HL Leadpipe: .349" venturi, superior intonation with firm, yet flexible slotting and easy response.
- W Tuning Slide: dual-radius bend, standard water key; strong core, brilliance, and presence of sound
- Piston Material: hand-lapped Monel
- Valve Cluster: two-piece casings, standard weight, with nickel-silver balusters
- Lower Valve Caps: nickel silver
- Bell Engraving: S.E. Shires makers mark, model designation, and traditional floral pattern
- Finish: silver plate
- Includes S.E. Shires double trumpet case, mouthpiece, and care kit