S.E. Shires Company, a premier brass musical instrument manufacturer is seeking to fill key positions in our metal buffing and polishing department.
- Use belt sanders, buffing wheels, handheld buffing wheels, and hand tools.
- Visually inspects and feels surfaces to identify defects.
- Perform repetitive hand finishing operations using various powered and hand equipment.
- Perform visual inspection of parts ensuring cosmetic requirements are met.
- Consistently meet production, quality, and attendance requirements.
- Maintain cleanliness and orderliness of work area.
- HS degree, G.E.D. or equivalent, with good general math skills, and able to understand, communicate, and follow written/oral instructions in English.
- Ideal candidate will be a quality-conscious individual with an eye for fine detail and pride in high quality workmanship as well as one who enjoys a collaborative team environment
- 6 months recent experience in a fast-paced production environment preferred, particularly in small parts manufacturing; one year preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and good hand-eye coordination.
- Able to work in a manufacturing environment (exposure to noise, coolants, abrasives, heat, cold, and automated and manual machinery) wearing required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as safety glasses, hearing protection, closed shoes, respirator, and other designated PPE.
- Able to lift up to 30lbs repetitively, 50 lbs occasionally, and stand entire shift, as assigned.
- Consistently meet requirements of regular, predictable and on-time attendance.
This is a strong match for any person that would like to make Musical Instrument Building a lifelong career. These positions are full time with benefits that include medical and dental insurances, paid vacation and a matching 401(k) plan. This is an excellent opportunity to join our growing company.
Craftsman / Craftswoman
S.E. Shires Company, a premier brass musical instrument manufacturer is seeking to fill key positions involving precision brazing and soldering, as well as metal buffing and polishing, final assembly and inspection. Experience in metal working and brazing, along with hand tools and small parts is a plus. Being motivated and good with your hands, along with having an eye for detail is important. This is a strong match for any person that would like to make Musical Instrument Building a lifelong career.
These positions are full time with benefits that include medical and dental insurances, paid vacation and a matching 401(k) plan. This is an excellent opportunity to join our growing company.
Musical instrument experience is a plus.
Email resumes to email@example.com
No phone calls please.